The voice ecosystem is booming! In the US alone, it is estimated that there will be 21.4 million smart speakers by 2020. Furthermore, according to Technavio, by 2019 the voice recognition market will be will be worth a huge $601 million. Voice is even disrupting search, with 60% of people using voice search last year. Technology is finally able to create innovative voice first experiences and an increasing number of consumers are adopting voice technology, which is further pushing innovation within the sector!
This year saw Google launch Google Home, to rival Amazon’s Alexa, as well as other major tech players, such as Orange and Apple, officially annonce the impending arrival of their voice activated speakers! With more and more players entering the voice ecosystem, the scene is getting pretty crowded! We decided to dive deeper into the voice ecosystem and produce this world voice landscape, so you can know who is who in the world of voice!
We have broadly divided our landscape into 4 categories:
- Major Voice Platforms: Companies that enable customers to interact with devices in a more intuitive way using voice.
- Bot Building Tools: Companies that provide you with the tools you need to create you own voice applications
- Analytic Tools: Companies that provide you with analytic tools to optimise your voice application
- Agencies: Companies that create a voice application on your behalf
- Medias: Companies specialized in voice first news and content
We hope you find this useful, with the rate the industry is expanding, no doubt it will have to be updated soon 😉
If we have missed a company that should be on the voice landscape, please let us know!
If you want to find out about Smartly.AI’s all in one platform for building voice and chat bots, give us a shout at: email@example.com
Update 1 on the 1st September 2017, added: Houndify, Jovo, Future of Voice, VoiceXP, Multiplex, Voicebot.ai, Voice First FM.